NPOC EC Meeting Notes – Tuesday, October 15 2019

PRESENT: Joan Kerr, Raoul Plommer, Oreoluwa Lesi, Juan Manuel Rojas, Carlos Raul Gutierrez, David Cake, Maryam Bakoshi (ICANN Staff)

APOLOGIES: Caleb Ogundele

CHARTER UPDATE:

  • Raoul: Has not received any new comments
  • Joan: Suggests that Raoul shares to the NPOC Discuss list that the charter will be sent to ICANN Legal next (Deadline for next week)
  • Maryam: Clarified that after one week left open for additional comments from NPOC members, then it needs to be sent to Mary (Wong?) of ICANN

FINANCIAL UPDATE:

  • Ore: Gave the financial report. Nothing had changed since the last meeting.
  • Raoul: Suggests that the financial report only be sent when there is a change.
  • Joan: Concurred that we can include “No change” in the financial update section of the agenda if there have been no financial transactions.

OUTREACH:

A.) TRAVEL POLICY UPDATE:

  • Joan has created a Google Docs document for everyone to add comments to.

B.) MARKETING MATERIALS UPDATE:

  • Juan: Has not received any update on the printing of the marketing materials.
  • He will send all the files for the products to Ore for central storage.
  • Raoul said that NextCloud will be a great tool for us to use as our repository.
  • Action Item:
  • Juan will send all the files for the products to Ore for central storage.

POLICY COMMITTEE UPDATES & POLICY STRATEGY:

  • Action Item:
  • Joan: Will speak to Carlos to set-up a Policy Committee and monthly meetings after ICANN66

NCSG PC AND EC MEETINGS UPDATE:

  • Maryam reminded Raoul and Juan to complete a Doodle for the next NCSG EC meeting
  • There was a dinner for NCSG and Goran Marby (ICANN President & CEO), and Stephanie Perrin has picked 5 community members to attend, including Martin Silva of NPOC & GNSO Councillor.
  • Ioana has been appointed as CROP Coordinator.

MEMBERSHIP SURVEY:

  • Joan: There are some additional changes that Juan is yet to make. She suggested that he completes it so it can be sent out as soon as possible (before ICANN66).

MEMBERS’ CALL:

  • Joan: NPOC had a members’ call on October 8 with an attendance of 16 people. It was a lively and informative meeting and is an encouraging sign for future engagement within NPOC.

ICANN 66 PREPARATION UPDATE:

  • The joint ALAC-GAC-NPOC session will focus on Communications and Capacity Building, so NPOC (Juan or Caleb) needs to prepare a presentation on this.
  • Action Item:
  • Juan or Caleb: Prepare presentation for the session.

TRACKING TEAM ACTIONS

  • Ore: Went through the outstanding action items. She will send the link to the document after the meeting.
  • Action Item:
  • In Montreal, Ore and Joan will work on a list of all completed actions to share with the NPOC members on Constituency Day

NEXT MEETING:

  • The next NPOC EC meeting is scheduled for Saturday, November 2 at 1030 UTC in Montreal.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *