NPOC EC Meeting Notes – Tuesday, September 15 2020
PRESENT: Joan Kerr, Raoul Plommer, Oreoluwa Lesi, Ioana Stupariu, Caleb Ogundele
ABSENT: Carlos Raul Gutierrez, Emmanuel Vitus, Jacqueline Morris
ICANN STAFF: Maryam Bakoshi, Brenda Brewer
ACTIONS FROM LAST MEETING:
NOMCOM REVIEW RESPONSE:
- Joan & Raoul: Will edit the letter and others have the option to review it in NextCloud.
- ← There was just 1 SO/AC consolidated letter to be sent. There will be a full review of the NomCom seat allocations by GNSO.
- Joan: We should still write a letter objecting the status quo. She and Stephanie agreed that a joint NCSG letter should be written.
- CPH decided on the status quo
- Raoul: We should still work on a letter before the GNSO review starts on why it’s important for NCSG to have 2 seats. Will work on the draft by Monday. This will be an NPOC letter, and maybe we can get an NCSG letter later.
MOTION FOR BANK ACCOUNT CLOSURE IN CANADA:
- Joan will communicate the motion to Sam LaFranco. ← DONE
- All: Review the document and discuss the comments and proposed changes on Thursday, September 10. Maryam will join the meeting.
- ← DONE & next review meeting scheduled for Thursday, November 17 2020.
- Ioana: Will consult with NPOC members on preferred scheduling for education meetings.
- Ioana: Will schedule the next membership meeting for end of August
- ← DONE
- Ioana: Last week we had the membership meeting and although there were not many members in attendance, the recording is available and the agenda was comprehensive and included upcoming webinars and opportunities.
- Caleb: Will be updating the NPOC website slider with the ICANN69 banner
- We need to get the agenda for the NPOC Constituency Day to Maryam by next Monday, September 21
SUPPORT FOR PANDEMIC
- Maryam: Explained the process of applying for the Internet support being provided by ICANN
- Joan: We will share the link to apply to NPOC members
- See above
EDUCATION WEBINAR PROPOSED BY ICANN:
- Joan: Asks about if we want to have the proposed education webinars separate from the membership meetings.
- It seems that most people want a separate session (i.e. not during the membership meeting)
- Raoul: Would like to have a shorter version that NPOC can deliver on our own
- Ore: We can try out a series of 1 hour sessions spread over the month and evaluate how useful and re-usable by NPOC it is.
- Joan: We can also use the feedback from our members to decide on the way forward
- Maryam: She thinks what Adam Peake and his team were thinking of was one webinar a month, however they are probably able to work around our scheduling preference.
NPOC FOUNDATION REGISTRATION IN ESTONIA:
- Raoul: Has not heard back from his Estonian contact and will follow-up with someone else. He needs to present the information about the pros and cons of the registration, any legal implications, etc.
- Raoul: Will reach out to other Estonian contacts to get more information about registering a nonprofit in Estonia and all regulatory requirements.
NCSG REVIEW OF NPOC:
- Raoul: Asked for the link to the transcripts of past meetings so that he can use this information for the reviewed
GIVING NPOC MARKETING MATERIALS TO MEMBERS:
- An NPOC member Raymond Mamattah requested for some NPOC materials e.g. brochure for use at one of his organisation’s programmes later this year in Ghana.
- Ore: Check that the NPOC marketing materials are in NextCloud and refer Raoul to them, so that he can share them with Raymond.
- From the last Charter review meeting, we decided to create a separate operating procedures manual
- Charter review meeting will take place on Thursday, September 17, 2020
- NPOC EC Meeting will take place on Tuesday, September 20, 2020.