Juan Manuel Rojas (SOI) is professional in Journalism and Social Communication and is currently is a M.Sc. Information Technology Candidate with a full scholarship in the University of the Andes. He also has experience in the formulation, implementation and development of E-government Strategies.
Lecturer in academic events such as: ICEGOV (International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance) organised by United Nation University – UNU, in China (2010) and Estonia (2011).
Participant of LACIGF en 2011, 2012 y 2014.
International speaker and workshop leader. Knowledge of Consensus and Conflict. Administration, planning, maintenance and web marketing. AGEIA DENSI Founder and CEO of AGEIA DENSI, Colombia. He has been with the organization since 2010 . His organization is also member of Orinoco TIC Cluster were is Communication and Governance Director and is also involved on Colombian Internet Governance Table.
He has experience in Ministry of Communications as a delegate to develop and to implement E-government Strategy of Gobierno en Línea (Online Government) where he was involved on Capacity Building to mayors an counciliors of Villavicencio y Puerto Rico (Meta). He was also the regional coordinator for Acacías, Cubarral, Cumaral, Granada, Fuente de Oro, Lejanías, Mesetas, Restrepo y San Juan de Arama (Meta). He create a Virtual Help Desk to support all field delegates.
His first ICANN meeting it was ICANN43, in San José, Costa Rica, he was also part of ATLAS II meeting, in London 50. Now, he is involved as a Policy Committee member on Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group. In Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns (NPOC) is currently the Communications Committee Chair and part of Executive Committe aas well He was selected recently as a member of LAC Strategy Council.
Some of the Working Groups which he has been involved in ICANN
- GNSO Locking of a Domain Name subject to UDRP
- ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement
- At-Large Capacity Building Working Group
- At-Large Social Media Working Group
- Technical Issues Working Group
- At-Large Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program Review Team (CROPP RT) for LACRALO as a Program Coordinator
- At-Large Technology Taskforce Working Group
- ALS Criteria and Expectations Taskforce
- Next-Generation gTLD Registration Directory Services to Replace Whois
- New gTLDs – Geographic Names as TLDs (WT5)
- ICANN Academy Intercultural Awareness Program
- 2014 Best Researcher – UNIMINUTO Villavicencio, Meta
- 2012 Best Paper Award, International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research
- E-government models in Latin-America: comparative research. ACM Press. Beijing, China PAPER 2010 • International Conference Proceedings Series Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance, October 25-28,pp 395-396. ISBN 978-1-4503-0058-2
- E-participation and e-governance at Web 2.0 in Local Governments of Colombia ACM Press. Tallin, Estonia PAPER 2011 • International Conference Proceedings Series. Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance, September 26-28, pp 301-304. ISBN 978-1-4503-0746-8
- Strategies to achieve the e-participation in processes of democratization of local governments IJCMSR PAPER 2012 • International Journal of Computer Science and Management Research, October Vol. 1(Issue 3). Available at http://www.ijcsmr.org/vol1issue3/paper60.pdf
- Uso de redes sociales en los gobiernos locales de Colombia. Revista Mediaciones PAPER 2014 • Revista Mediaciones No. 13, edicion julio-diciembre 2014. ISSN: 1692- 5688
- Elecciones y medios de Comunicación.Tomo I MOE BOOK CHAPTER 2014 • Capítulo: Seguimiento a medios durante elecciones de Congreso 2014. Edicion Misión de Observacion Electoral. 2014. ISBN: 978- 958-587-30-0-1
- Elecciones y medios de Comunicación.Tomo II MOE BOOK CHAPTER 2014 • Capitulo: Comportamiento de medios impresos durante elecciones de Presidencia en el departamento del Meta 2014. Edicion Mision de Observacion Electoral. 2015. ISBN: 978-958-587-30-0-1.